There has been lots of hustling and bustling going on in the Conkey household this December. We are getting ready to host Christmas Eve for my mom's side of the family for the first time EVER! We will have 21 family members to feed and entertain. It has given us the motivation to do those little things that are constantly being put off...like wiping down the cupboards, washing out the shelves in the fridge, scrubbing walls etc. I know that nobody will really notice but I feel so much better knowing that it is all clean. It has also been a challenge to figure out where I am going to seat everyone for dinner but I think we finally have it set. I also have a certain "Martha Stewart" elf coming over to help me set the table. I will definitely post a blog about how it all turns out!
Anyway, I guess I should have started with the beginning of December and not the end. December started with a very significant event in Kaelyn's life...she lost her 1st two teeth. They both came out on the same day! She was so excited! She decided it was best to sleep on the floor and put her teeth in a box next to her pillow instead of under her pillow. That way the Tooth Fairy would be sure and find her teeth.

And then a few weeks later another significant event happened in Kaelyn's life...she turned 6!

She really wanted a special birthday this year and she decided that she wanted to have a craft party at Michael's. She invited a few friends from her Kindergarten class and a few friends from church. They decorated aprons and made Christmas ornaments and had a wonderful time.


Kaelyn had a great time at her party and I know it will be one that she will remember for a long time to come. She has grown up so much since she started Kindergarten so it was neat to see her interacting with all of her friends.
Later that evening we let her open her very special gift from her grandparents. Kaelyn had been asking for an American Girl doll recently and I had been telling her that they were too expensive. But, of course, the grandparents came through for her...

Meet Julie....

I have never seen Kaelyn more excited about a doll. She puts Julie in her pjs to go to bed and she changes her into her clothes in the morning. It is the cutest thing ever!
Later that week it was Sami's turn for the spot light. She had her Little Lambs Preschool concert. Now as you all know my kids do not always like to perform at their preschool concerts. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't (Ian hid behind the risers during one of his performances). So, I wasn't sure what Sami would do on this particular day. I am happy to report that she did great! She said her line for the "ABCs of Christmas"....
"T is for Tinsel"


She sang all of her songs AND did all of the motions!

She even sat on Mrs. Claus' lap! None of my other kids would even come near her. I was so proud of her!


This past weekend Brolan was in Colorado skiing with some friends so the kids and I decided we would decorate our ginger bread house. I was in charge of the frosting but the kids did all of the candy and the design by themselves. I think it came out great!




We also had our friends over to do an early Christmas exchange! Sarah & Michael came over for lunch and presents. We had a great afternoon with our friends!

I bet you can't guess what they all got???

SNUGGIES!
What a fun couple of weeks we have had! Now we are focusing on Christmas and the greatest gift of all...the gift of baby Jesus! We hope you all have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas!
LOVE the one of Ian decorating the house with his ipod in his ear - he's at the crossroads between little boy and young man and that pic just SHOWS it! LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to read another post from you! Its been a while. You have had a busy and fun December and it's not quite over yet! You'll have to to a December Blog Part 2. Kaelyn has come such a long way and it's such a joy to see her growth. Love the JoAnne's Bday Party idea. How fun! The gingerbread house looks awesome (and I love how Ian has his ipod on while decorating)...and those SNUGGLIES are way awesome. :) Very cute.
ReplyDeleteWhew, I am exhausted reading about all of your adventures.
ReplyDelete