Brolan was so happy that he was grinning from ear to ear!
It rained on Friday night so it was nice to have a place for the kids to play.
It had been at least 10 years since Brolan & I last visited Cedar Point and it was a first visit for the kids so everybody was very excited for the day. Brolan was excited to be able to take Ian on his first "real" roller coaster. We weren't sure how Ian was going to like it since all of those roller coastery 'feelings' would be new to him. The first ride that Brolan took him on was the Iron Dragon. The first hill scared him but he liked the rest of it enough to try it again with me.
Here is a picture of Ian & I on the ride (we are somewhere in there)...
Here is a picture of Ian after riding the Iron Dragon twice!
After that Ian was ready to take a break from the roller coasters so we headed over to "Planet Snoopy" so everybody could enjoy some kiddie rides. The kids had so much fun running from ride to ride and trying them all out. The adults were even allowed on some of the kiddie rides too!
After that we were getting hungry so we went back to the camper for some lunch and to wait for the arrival of my parents and my brother. Once they arrived we all headed back into the park for some more fun. The first ride that my dad wanted to go on was the 'monster'. This ride has been around forever and it really whipped us around!
After that Brolan decided that it was time for Ian to try the Gemini roller coaster. So, my parents took the girls to "Camp Snoopy" while Brolan, Ian, Jerry and I went on the Gemini. I couldn't see Ian's face because he was with Brolan but he wasn't too happy on this ride. There were lots of hills and quick turns and it made him a little nervous. He decided that once was enough for this ride! We were proud of him for giving it a try! After that it was time to cool off with some great 'blue' Icee's! I think that their lips were blue for the rest of the day!
We went on many more rides that I don't have pictures of but we had so much fun spending the day together as a family! My mom told me that she went on more kiddie rides in one day than she ever has! It was especially nice having my parents there so we could all do things together (like the boat ride and antique cars) and it gave Brolan & I the opportunity to go on a few roller coasters together. He made me go on the Millennium Force which has a hill that drops over 300 feet! Yikes! Overall, it was a great day at Cedar Point!
I'm hopin if I show this to Steve he will get the urge to take ME to Cedar Point - cause I wana go on the big rides!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the camper, you look so relaxed sitting in front of it. I hope you have many more of these great memories with the camper.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Great way to break in the new camper...I am sure the kids loved it (and mom and dad too). Looks much more relaxing than pitchin' a tent! We may be following in your footsteps next year :)
ReplyDelete