Monday, March 30, 2009

My Little Hobby...

Well, things have been pretty quiet around the Conkey house the last few weeks and that is a good thing! So, I decided to take this opportunity to share with you a little bit about one of my hobbies. I love to make cards. The whole process for me to make "one" card is usually a long one. I have to admit that I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to making cards. I love pouring over paper crafting magazines and websites trying to find ideas that I can use. Once I find a design that I like then I must figure out how I can modify it to make it my own. The biggest challenge for me is figuring out what papers I am going to use. It does not come natural for me to pick out which patterns and colors work together. This can sometimes be a LOOONNGG process! But, in the end I am usually happy with the way it all comes together. Sometimes, I can finish a card in an hour but the longest time I have ever taken to do a card was 2 weeks! Why 2 weeks you might ask? Well, because I couldn't figure out how work my old sewing machine and I had to hand stitch the entire card! Yes, I know that sounds a little crazy but it is worth it when you get to see the look of appreciation on someone's face!


Here are a few of my favorite cards that I have made over the years.




Yes, this is the one that I hand stitched!




I have a birthday card that I have to have done by April 18th...I guess I had better get started soon!!! Thanks for letting me share my hobby!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you could make a FORTUNE selling those! They are beautiful! I am envious of your mad skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I used the birthday card you made for Nate's 5th Birthday as the Title Page of his 5th Scrapbook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I l-o-v-e your cards. You pay such attention to detail and they always turn out so awesome! It's one of the things I look forward to when birthdays comes around each year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, how I do love your cards. And am one lucky friend to have recieved a couple of them. I agree with Becky Jo, sell, sell, sell.

    ReplyDelete