Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Conversations

Over the past week I have written down a few random conversations that have taken place in the Conkey household. I thought that I would share them with you....

Kaelyn - " Eeeewwww! They just kissed!"
Ian responds - "I know Kaelyn, sometimes you have to see that in commercials. It's pretty gross!"


Ian - "Mom I wish you would adopt a baby so I could have a little brother."
Me - "Well, sorry bud...that is NOT going to happen." (At least he was smart enough to use the word adopt and not the word pregnant!)

Kaelyn - "Dear God, Thank you for the love that you give to us everyday. Thank you for my family...Amen." (What a smart girl)

Sami - "S-A-M-A-N-T-H-A!"
Me - "Did you just spell your name? Spell it again."
Sami - "S-A-M-A-N-T-H-A!"
Me - " Yea! Great job!"
We have been working with her for months to get her to spell her name. She either tells me no or she spells in SANTHA. I kept thinking, why did I give this kid such a long name to spell??? But she finally put it all together this week. Now we have to work on printing out the letters...that could take some time!


Me - "Wake up Sleeping Beauty."
Sami - "I'm NOT Sleeping Beauty!"
Me - "Well, then who are you?"
Sami - "I'm nuffing (nothing)"
Me - "Are you sure you're not Sleeping Beauty?"
Sami - "NOOOOOO, I'm just nuffing"


Me - "Goooo Ian!!!!"
Ian had another swim meet this past weekend. It was a dual meet which means it was only against one other swim team so there was a lot less competition. Ian managed to get 1st place in all 4 events that he swam in. He was pretty proud of himself. By the way, have you ever seen a 7 year old swim the butterfly? It is pretty cool to watch. Here is a video of Ian swimming it. For those of you that know Nate D. he is in the lane at the top of the screen. Ian is in the middle lane.


5 comments:

  1. Cool video! Thanks for posting it. You need to get some of your pictures to the Marlin Website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was cracking up reading your random conversations. I can so hear Sami saying "I'm nuffing!" (with that little 3 year old sass shining through! I am all too familiar with that :)

    Cool video. It is pretty amazing to see 7 year olds swimming the butterfly. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they just know how to breath and stroke. WOW. I'll be waiting to hear about the new Conkey addition. HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, poor Ian just wants a bro ... c'mon mom!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a little fish! just call him ian phelps...oh wait, maybe not so much after his bad press this week!

    ReplyDelete