
This past Saturday the girls had their dance recital. This was Sami's first recital and she was very excited. Sami is a "girly" girl in every way, shape & form. She loved putting on the costume, the tights and loved that she got to wear eyeshadow and lipstick.

This was Kaelyn's second year in dance so she knew exactly what to expect dancing on a big stage. While she was excited to dance she did not like the fact that she had to fix her hair, wear tights and put on makeup.
Each girl performed a dance for tap, ballet & acrobatics. Kaelyn was the first up with her acrobat routine. Here is a picture of her doing a back bend (she's in the middle, Jenna K. is on the left).
Next up was Sami with her tap routine.
She does this move a little too well!
This is Sami doing her acrobat routine.
Kaelyn did her tap number to "Scooby Dooby Doo". It was very cute. The
boy is her class got to play the role of Scooby.
Then it was Sami's last dance, ballet. It was her favorite dance and her favorite song, a song from Tinkerbell. She even got to wear purple fairy wings. What could be better than that? She had done an awesome job on her first 2 performances so I figured there would be no problem with this dance. I guess I was wrong....
She just stood there the entire time with a big pout on her face and her arms crossed while all the other girls danced around her. Everybody thought it was just the cutest thing. Well, until she started crying. Then we all felt really bad for her. Her teacher, Miss Tracy, said that just before it was time to go on she started asking for her momma and said she was missing me. At least she made it through most of her performances and she doesn't seem to scarred from the incident. She stills says she wants to dance next year.
Kaelyn finished out her dances with a cute little ballet number. The class really did a good job with this one. I think it was their best of the night.
I was really proud of both of my girls. It is always great experience to get up in front of a crowd and perform. It was definitely a confidence booster for Kaelyn.
Great pictures! Sorry Sami gave up before ballet. Their costumes are great. I love the tutus with Kaelyn's ballet. Kaylee's studio does the same thing with the young kids so the parents don't have to buy as many costumes.
ReplyDeleteI am lovin the costumes - too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I was cracking up at Sami until I realized she was crying then I did feel bad. But they were super cute up there and they had some nice dances. Good pictures for such a long way out.
ReplyDeleteKaelyn did great and Sami was darling...Your photos turned out great (we still couldn't find the right setting on our camera)...but Darc did get a good one of the back of Bro's head in the row in front of us :)
ReplyDeleteYou should be proud!
absolutely priceless!!
ReplyDeleteerica